Tuesday, December 6, 2011

process project 2

Using my honeycomb designs as a starting point, my initial concept is to use the hexagon shape at a variety of scales dispersed along a linear datum. Opaqueness, translucency, and transparency are important for my design and I intend to explore how these can interact with the space and the composition in a manner that is consistent and improves upon that from the base model. Ultimately, I want at least three major scales of forms derived from the honeycomb, one at a small scale that could be viewed as a pattern/texture, a larger scale as an object, and then as a space. The hexagon form lends itself well to all three scales and provides enough variety for the creation of an intriguing space.
The methodology I would like to adhere to is the use of my form as a significant element for major components, but not to the extent that every element would be designed as a hexagon/honeycomb. I want to maintain the space as not only inhabitable, but also dynamic.
I intend to use Form Z for baseline modeling, and the Adobe suite for post-processing and composition development.




No comments:

Post a Comment